Let’s end the week with Caramel Apple Jam.
- 6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, combine the apples, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until apples are tender. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg and return to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
And, here are some more simple recipes that I found around the web.
Chocolate Caramel Delights
Spicy and Sweet Toasted Pecans
Thank you for joining me at Five Days of Homemade Food Gifts! If you missed the other recipes, start here.